I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Friday Night

After work last night, I talked to one of my most recently married friends and she told me that her and her husband are trying to have a baby. I seriously think I am going to be everyone's single friend. How the fuck did that happen? It sucks because it seems like some people meet someone and then its all over, they get married they have kids and their life is set. Then there's me. Constantly getting scumbagged. Constantly single. At least my eharmony matches are getting better. The guys are still short--5'9ish, but better looking and a bit more interesting. But, I might have shared with you my new philosophy--I'm not doing a fucking thing for any guy anymore. So this includes the eharmony set as well. I'm not contacting anyone. If they want me they can come get me.


Anyhow,last night I met with a girl who is also from my hometown, but like me she left and now lives in Brooklyn. We went to the Upright Citizens Brigade, an improv/sketch comedy space. It was really funny and for only $8. I think I may go to MOMA or the Guggenheim today (alone). That's okay though museuems alone are fine.


P.S. One of the girls I was with last night saw Big from SATC in Soho. She said she spotted him and he made eye contact with her. She also said he's really good looking and doesn't look quite as thrashed as he appears on TV lately. So lucky. I want to lock eyes with Big.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

"I'm not doing a fucking thing for any guy anymore. So this includes the eharmony set as well. I'm not contacting anyone. If they want me they can come get me..."

while that may be a nice sentiment honey, im not sure its the right approach. but do what you must. and try to let go of some of the negativity. its not becomming.

MOMA and the Guggenheim...so very SATC.

12:00 PM  
Blogger cherie said...

Yeah, its not so much negativity but I just don't think I should have to do anything anymore. Its more of just a realization. I think when men see me or meet me they are intimidated by me. Not that I'm super hot or anything, but I think I convey an aura of confidence and no-bullshit. So, I think men who can hang with the D need to be confident and not intimidated. So if you cannot send me a message via eharmony, then you are not the guy that can hang in the long run. And, I need men to step up to the plate. So far, not one guy has ever done that for me. Its my fault for dating down. No more.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I lived in NYC, I too had a Big citing...he walked into the same restaurant as me w/ his girlfriend...it was awesome!

2:12 PM  
Blogger cherie said...

Aw man, I always see the pseudo celebs. Was he hot?

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home