I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Friday, September 07, 2007

How am I supposed to be positive when I don't see shit positive

No truer words have been spoken. Thank you Eminem. I had the urge yesterday to run into a field and scream until I couldn't scream anymore. I realize that its absurd that I can be so unhappy. To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure why I'm so unhappy. The architecture of my life is great. I have a career and I live in one of the most amazing cities in the world. Yet, I'm not happy. Not at all. In fact I'm frustrated and completely alone. I know there are others out there who have so much to truly be unhappy about, and I realize that my whining doesn't change anything except piss the few readers I have off. Something has to change, or maybe I do.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found when you need to scream like that. It works best to hold a pillow over your mouth or jump into a pool of water and scream underneath. I know you are afraid of water so the pillow is prob your best bet!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

personally, i think you just need to calm the fuck down. your unhappiness is just getting worse because you keep obsessing over it. you are taking steps to make your life better. let that be where you find solace. let that be enough right now.

2:04 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

beat a homeless guy with that pillow - that's what i always do. doesn't make me feel any better, but sometimes they laugh.

seriously, i know you're depressed & i wish there was more i could do to help. you've gotta do whatever it is you've gotta do to try to get happy -- wherever you live, even if that's not here in ny.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home