I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again

--Sylvia Plath

Note: No new posts will be added to this blog. Please see new blog for new postings.

sexless in the city

All things tacky and delicious from my personal experiences in New York.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Friday Night at the Whitney, and Obsessed Girls

Last night I decided to go to the Whitney for the "Pay as you wish night". I went with a meetup group. The main attraction was entitled the Psychedelic Era. I have to admit that I wasn't a fan. The lighting and the movies gave me a headache. I did however, enjoy some of the other work that I saw. Paul Cadmus's Sailors and Floozies, Louis Gugliemie's Terror in Brooklyn and Henry Koerner's Mirror of Life. My favorite was Edward Hopper's A Woman in the Sun. It was a painting of a nude woman smoking a cigarette and looking beyond. When I looked at it, I felt like I understood everything she was feeling. The vacancy in her eyes and the nakedness of her emotions. Afterwards, I met up with some of the other meetup people and we went to Dallas BBQ--wasn't a fan. But, I did have interesting conversation.


Now, onto girls obsessed with me. Let me take you back to the first year of grad school. I became friends with a Jersey girl. Because I didn't know anyone else, she seemed to really take to me. And after awhile, she really annoyed me. Much like the jewwannabe. Well, I started to sort of get the impression she was into me, even though she had a boyfriend. She had a history of being a lesbian and had lived with a girl in Hawaii. Long story short, I handled her the way I do with people I don't like. I stopped talking to her. And moved on with my life. Well, she didn't. She tried talking to me at school, and I wasn't interested. Then, after awhile she got the hint. After a few months, she posted a myspace blog basically talking about how much she missed me and cried every night because of our lost friendship. I laughed to myself. Today, I got an email from someone who knows her about her new myspace blog:


D" - I DELETED MY ENTRY ABOUT THIS B*TCH I HAD MET AND WAS CLOSE TO THE BEGINNING OF MY GRAD. SCHOOL YEAR. ANYWAYS, SHE STOPPED TALKING TO ME AND IT HAD HURT ME CAUSE I DIDNT KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG. UNTIL A YEAR LATER I HEARD VIA OLD PALS THAT SHE IN FACT "FELL" FOR ME AND THAT I DIDNT REACT TO HER FEELINGS, WELL DUH. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT... I FOUND OUT THAT SHE WAS PASSING ON ALL MY PRIVATE INFO AND LIES TO ANYONE THAT LISTEND AND FRANKLY I HOPE TO NEVER HEAR FROM HER AGAIN.


Let me remind you that this all happened like 2 years ago. This blog was posted recently. Not only that, I would never ever have been interested in her for two reasons: I'm not into girls, and if I was, I wouldn't be into her. And, anyone who knows me knows that I don't spread lies, nor did I ever talk to anyone in that program--they were all fuckups. Anything I have to say, I'd say to your face. The only reason I didn't say anything to her is because what do you say to someone you don't like. "Sorry, its not going to work out". It's awkward. So go ahead honey, blame me for your problems and unhappiness. I'm used to it. People are so fucking weird. Its hard being the D sometimes...girls fall in love. I'm really tempted to send her the link to this blog. So all her questions will be answered. What a cunt.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still think you should convery to lesbianism. then you can truly feel my pains. all of them.

2:03 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. gasp! i love you.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Gabe said...

I just have to say, as a gay man (or boy, it feels weird to call myself a man), I'm usually the one doing the obsessing...but I let it go when it's run its course.

People are wacko...especially the wackos.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home